Schedule for the spiritual celebration & gratitude week.
- 13th May – 11.30 AM to 4.30 PM – Day Retreat with Bhante Sujatha
- 14th May – 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM – Silent Meditation, Day Retreat
- 15th May – 7.00 PM to 8.30 PM – The End of Suffering
- 16th May – 6.00 PM to 7.00 PM – Silent Meditation & Blessing
- 17th May – 7.00 PM to 8.30 PM – Why are we not Enlighten
- 18th May – 7.00 PM to 8.00 PM – Candlelight Meditation
- 19th May – 7.00 PM to 8.00 PM – Buddhism and Modern Psychology
- 20th May – 4.00 PM to 7.00 PM – Lantern Parade and Vesakha Day Celebration 2017
A day retreat with meditation, sutta study, and dhamma discussion with Bhante Sujatha. The temple will provide snacks and tea. A Sri Lankan lunch will be available for $10.00. There is no fee but donations are accepted.
Stay silent for as long or as short you wish. Anyone can stop at the temple for this silent meditation and reflection event. The temple monastics will be there to answer your questions. A little snack with tea or coffee will be available.
Guest speaker Bhante Saranapala talking on “The End of Suffering “. He has brought the ancient teaching of Buddhism forward but with a contemporary way of helping us better understand the Dhamma from a western application.
One hour silent meditation, with chanting and blessing by the temple monastics.
A student of the late Venerable Ajahn Chah, John Cianciosi talking on “Why are we not Enlighten”. He is the author of the Meditative Path (Quest Books, 2001) and is currently the director of public programs at the Theosophical Society in Wheaton, IL.
Candlelight meditation with chanting and blessing by the temple monastics.
Guest speaker Bhante Sanyatha talking on “Buddhism and Modern Psychology” : How to manage stress with the Buddha’s teachings.
Our annual celebration will be at Blue Lotus Temple in Woodstock, IL. The ceremony begins inside the temple. Please bring your family and friends for this happy celebration of the birth, enlightenment, and final enlightenment of the Buddha.
No comments yet